- Teens can work out for free at Planet Fitness this summer.
- All National Parks will have free entry on August 25.
- If you are looking for free (and educational!) things for your kids to do this summer, they can read oodles of free books, learn to code for free, brush up on subjects they may have had difficulty with, or even learn something new.
- Check to see if your community will host a free concert series this summer. Our free summer concerts will be packed (Nelly, Cheap Trick, Good Charlotte, etc...love these bands but doubt if I will brave the tens of thousands of people at the Fremont to watch them!); many communities offer some sort of free entertainment during the summer (concerts, other musical events, movies in the park, etc).
- Many communities also offer free "school lunches" even if school isn't in session. This is a great way to feed kids if the budget is tight.
- Speaking of the kids, many community organizations offer free or cheap "summer camps" for kids during the summer.
- Finally, here are a bunch of other great (free) ideas to keep kids entertained in the summer which are available in many communities.
- Oops... here is one more...100 free or cheap summer activities for families.
Friday, May 17, 2019
I hope you all will be enjoying a nice summer vacation sometime in the next couple months As for me, I will be back to my regular six-week summer job at the World Series of Poker beginning at the end of the month. If you are still in the planning stages for summer, here are some great links to check out: