- Speaking of working, I still have a job! I went back to work after my days off and all was well and everyone (bosses especially) were happy. I guess in high-stress situations, it is best to let everyone decompress then tackle the problem. Problems were (mainly) resolved so I think I can hack another few weeks!
- I was absolutely tired of seeing our old sofa in the kitchen so instead of the hassle of waiting for a non profit to pick it up or haggling with people over a few dollars, I just put it up on Craigslist in the freebies section and it was gone in an hour (can you believe a few people, after I specifically said in the ad I can't deliver it to them, STILL asked if I could deliver a FREE sofa to them??? ayayay).
- It's now monsoon season in Las Vegas. Which I find very enjoyable (it's a nice break from day after day of scorching sun!).
- We were at Arbys a few weeks ago and had a pretty poor experience (literally 45 minutes to get our food and only one person working the entire place!) so I hopped on the Arby's website and complained and this week we received free coupons in the mail for two free meals. I guess it pays to complain to a business when you aren't satisfied with your experience!
- Speaking of freebies, this is a great subreddit to check regularly for and update list of freebies.
- Happy Father's Day to all of you dads out there!!! We have nothing big planned but will probably go out to lunch and maybe play bingo.
- For Vegas locals, a great way to get deals is to sign up for player's club cards at every casino you go to (this may work for casinos everywhere). Even if you don't gamble at all, this gets you on casino mailing lists and they will send you coupons and other deals on a regular basis. We recently received a booklet of coupons for the entire summer that literally includes more than 50 buy-one-get-one-free buffet coupons at bunch of local casinos. Needless to say, I have kind of lost interest in going to buffets but two people eating a huge lunch buffet for $9.99 can't be beat!
- The 4th of July is just around the corner as evidenced by our neighbors setting off professional-grade fireworks for hours last night. There are a few Indian reservations nearby where people can buy what would otherwise be illegal fireworks and our neighborhood is never short of people who will spend big bucks to play pyromaniac for a couple of weeks during the summer. eeekkk
- The World Series of Poker is in full swing. This is my favorite week as it has many senior poker events and all of those old people are wonderful! The only hazard is people renting scooters to get around (the venue is HUGE and you can literally walk miles each day) and they drive them like maniacs! double eekkkk
- Totally unrelated to anything but may be useful to you...I used to make websites for several small businesses and non-profits. I have pretty much gotten out of that business but imagine my surprise when I came across an article yesterday that said many businesses are being sued because their websites weren't ADA compliant. I had never even heard of such a requirement!
Sunday, June 16, 2019
Another 10 Point Update
Since I don't have a lot of time this month (or a lot to say really), I will keep these updates going until I am finished working...