Friday, November 6, 2009

Success Update

My recent financial successes:
  • All of my November bills have been paid by the first week of the month. Usually I run out of money before I run out of bills so some payments can drag out until the end of the month. I got my check today, paid down my list of bills due in November, and had enough money to pay everything on the list. Amazing!
  • I paid off and cancelled the last credit card I had. Now I am credit card free. Whoohooo!
  • I currently have $1,200 in my emergency fund. This is $1,200 that I can access at any time. I have NEVER had this much in savings!
  • I cancelled a vacation we had scheduled which we would have ended up using credit to pay for. I think this was a really good decision which before I would never have considered. I used to want what I want no matter what it cost and it didn't matter how it got paid for. Now I am much more aware of my spending and have some semblance of control over it. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment