Saturday, May 1, 2010

No Spend Week--Day 5 Update

Today (again, this was for yesterday because when I got home from a 12 hour work day I was exhausted) I spent $0.
This is a unique week in that almost every day I have been at day-long, work-related events including training sessions, conferences, and day long meetings. Fortunately most of these events included lots of free food so I didn't have to plan to bring food with me from home or, for that matter, cook much at home either. Today was a day long conference hosted by one of my clients which meant I got to work for about 12 hours straight. Fortunately this conference includes lots of food being served all day long so I didn't go hungry.
What I wanted to spend: not much. I was so tired that I went straight home from work and went to sleep. I was thinking, however, that it had been a long time since I bought a Frapuccino at Starbucks. It is also weird not to spend ANY MONEY for five days. Without a conscious effort, I am sure I would have found some stuff to buy or at least went to the mall or dropped by Walmart. But when I am trying not to spend money, I just naturally avoid these places so I won't be tempted to spend.

1 comment:

  1. Did you find it got easier as the week progressed? It seems like it would just become naturally after awhile.

    ReplyDelete