- If you have a cold or flu, sleep it off. Sleep in a cool, dark room with the window open to let in fresh air while you are covered by a stack of blankets. Come out when you feel better.
- For a headache, take a Tylenol or Ibuprofin.
- For diarrhea take acidophilous (it will repopulate the good bacteria in your stomach).
- For sunburn, cover the burned areas with Noxzema a couple of times a day; the burn will be gone in a couple of days.
- For cooking-type burns, run the burned area under cold water for a few minutes then break off the tip of your Aloe Vera plant and rub it on the wound.
- When you have the flu or a cold, lay off the dairy, sugar, flour, etc and eat clear soup (with vegies and a little meat).
- When you have the flu or a cold, drink lots of water and some ginger tea.
- If you feel illness coming on, double up on the Vitamin C.
- To keep mosquitoes at bay when out in the woods, take Vitamin B 12.
- If you are lacking energy, take Vitamin B complex.
- Do some kind of exercise or yard work every day to keep up your general health.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Under the Weather...And Some Frugal Tips for When You're Sick
I've been feeling way under the weather this weekend which has both thrown off my $1500 challenge for a couple of days and relegated me to bed until I can get up without my head spinning. Fortunately by this evening the fog is starting to clear. Here's a bunch of tips I learned from my grandmother about how to take care of yourself when you are sick or have other maladies: