Wednesday, June 16, 2010

An Update and Some Links

Way back when, I posted this financial goal list. Here's the update:
  • I am a few hundred dollars away from paying off Target. This will be done in the next couple of weeks.
  • I called the IRS and made them a deal to pay off my 2008 and 2009 taxes within the next ten months. $1000 a month. Ouch. Although with some bonuses I hope to pay this debt off within five months.
  • I wrote to the collection agency about the car and asked to make a settlement offer. They counter with a high offer, I counter with a low offer and so we go back and forth (at least four sets of letters in the past). So I am still waiting on this.
  • We had hoped to sell our house and pay off all of this list but the value of our house dropped almost $20,000 in only the last couple of months due to the high number of repos on the market so we pulled our house off the market and will just keep the house, do some renovations, and hopefully be able to put it back on the market next spring if property values have come up by then.
  • Because we weren't able to sell our house, our travel will be curtailed through the end of the year but we will still go to Japan, the Philippines, and Hong Kong in the fall.

And here's some interesting links from around the web:

No comments:

Post a Comment