Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My 10 Wealth Building Commandments

I think I will cut this out and post it on my computer...
  1. Thou shalt not spend every penny thou earns. At least 10% should go into savings.
  2. Thou shalt pay cash (or debit card or check but definitely no credit card) for all purchases.
  3. Thou shalt be a responsible money manager (bills paid on time, no bounced checks, no late fees, etc).
  4. Thou shalt not rescue others financially (giving small gifts, services, or moral support is OK).
  5. Thou shalt not incur debt; all current debt needs to be paid off ASAP.
  6. Thou shalt not "live large" just to impress others.
  7. Thou shalt have an emergency fund...that is only used for dire emergencies.
  8. Thou shalt tithe monthly (don't ask me why but this works).
  9. Thou shalt love thy work and be amazing at it.
  10. Thou shalt enjoy thy fruits of thy labor (after thou are debt free).

No comments:

Post a Comment