- Thou shalt not spend every penny thou earns. At least 10% should go into savings.
- Thou shalt pay cash (or debit card or check but definitely no credit card) for all purchases.
- Thou shalt be a responsible money manager (bills paid on time, no bounced checks, no late fees, etc).
- Thou shalt not rescue others financially (giving small gifts, services, or moral support is OK).
- Thou shalt not incur debt; all current debt needs to be paid off ASAP.
- Thou shalt not "live large" just to impress others.
- Thou shalt have an emergency fund...that is only used for dire emergencies.
- Thou shalt tithe monthly (don't ask me why but this works).
- Thou shalt love thy work and be amazing at it.
- Thou shalt enjoy thy fruits of thy labor (after thou are debt free).
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
My 10 Wealth Building Commandments
I think I will cut this out and post it on my computer...