- Just got a call from our realtor, our house is closing two weeks early which means around February 1st. I need to get busy selling everything!
- I suck at New Years Resolutions. The only things I wanted to do were exercise daily and avoid Starbucks. I failed at both by day 10. :(
- I have been officially unemployed for 13 days and I am bored silly. I'm already trolling for a new business to start.
- We will get to Asia sooner than expected. We hope to be in Japan the first week of February.
- February 1st will be the first month I don't have a big paycheck coming in. I am getting a bit worried since I have been earning a paycheck non-stop for nearly 30 years. Eekk.
- I like updating my Tumblr blog because it is so easy and I don't have to actually write bog posts. Pictures and links suffice.
- I'm getting bored with our food. We are trying to eat everything in the pantry and not eat out at all/buy more food. Blah.
- I am a huge fan of Reddit and AskMetaFilter and have been spending way too much time on both sites.
- Now that we are getting closer to being houseless (homeless?) hubby and I are both in an Oh-My-God-What-Are-We-Doing panic.
- We had snow yesterday but it all melted by today (unlike the family in New England that are still wading through more than a foot of snow. Even family in Atlanta got more snow than we did!).
- I will miss my friends when I am gone. It was nice getting together with a couple of friends today who are both amazing people.
- I need to force myself to exercise everyday. The way I have decided to do this is to ride my bike from Canada to Mexico in June. I figure that will be 30 straight days of six to eight hours of exercise every day. Perfect. Hubby doesn't know yet.
- My favorite ice cream is now Umpqua Espresso Madness. I'd never heard of the brand before but hubby brought some home and it was amazing.
- We got a bill for our house insurance and it increased by 105%. Just because I called about making a claim. We didn't even make a claim and the company didn't even pay any money out but still the price shot up. I don't really care because we are moving but thought I would warn others about such a thing because it was a total surprise to me.
- I want a Mac Book Pro. I don't need one but I want one. I don't even know if I really want one but every person I see with one looks so happy when they are using it. Oh the power of suggestion.
- The shooting in Arizona was totally sad. It wasn't a gun control issue, it was a "we have a really lousy mental illness safety net system" issue.
- I need to eat healthier or I'm going to die. Seriously. I eat well for a few days then fall into my eat something quick no matter how unhealthy it is habit.
- As soon as we get the check from our house sale, we will pay off the mortgage and hubby's credit card and be completely debt free. I. Can't. Wait.
- I am proof reading the book that I wrote during the summer. I hope to shop it to a publisher in the spring.
- I appreciate all of the comments on this blog. It is nice to know there are people out there that think like me!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
A Quick Update...in 20 Sentences
Another update...here goes...