Hmm..two links posts in a row. Oh well...this is what I have been doing today:
- I'm a big fan or reddit. Here's two threads that you might find useful, one a giant list of great free software (was included in yesterday's post), and the second, lots of info on how to live on $11 an hour.
- I'm trying to figure out the MAC flight system so we can book our flight to Asia in August or September. MAC/SpaceA flights are free flights that people who are active duty or retired military can take advantage of. The disadvantage is that you need to be really flexible because you never know when or if you will get on a flight since active duty people with orders and military equipment takes precedence over lower category people like us retired folks. Basically you go to the airport or air base and wait and see if they can fit you in, if they can't you go back home and try again at a later time. On the positive side, this system can save you literally thousands and thousands of dollars if you like to travel overseas. Here's where to sign up.
- I was going to buy some white strips and whiten my teeth up a bit before we leave here but they cost over $20! So I went to Google where I found this information on how to use hydrogen peroxide to white teeth (and save about $19.50 in the process!).
- Now that I am carrying around a big bag (this purse) my change tends to rattle around in the bottom of it. At the store I found a cute change purse but it cost $15 (!). The hubby and I then walked next door to the Dollar Store and found a travel toothbrush/toothpaste kit for $1. I gave hubby the toothbrush and toothpaste and kept the bag it came in for my change purse! See photo above.
- Finally, I started yet another blog, mainly to keep things better organized. In addition to this blog and my travel blog, I now have a tech blog which you can find here.