- How I Easily Saved Over $1000 Per Month (I've done many of these things and you really can save money doing these simple things!)
- Confessions of Extreme Penny Pinchers (some amazingly good ideas here!)
- How to Balance Friends, Family and Finances (some very useful advice here!)
And a quick update...
- We are leaving Atlanta in a week. This will seriously throw us back into the "real" world as my sister in law has been spoiling us completely over the past few months (ie: paying for all of the gas we use, buying gourmet foods for us to cook with, and the occasional meal out at some great restaurants). In other words, our expenses have been nearly nil for four whole months and now we are going to be on our own! Yikes!
- I finally got all of my blogs and websites in some semblance of order. As part of that process I got rid of some extraneous accounts, expanded into some other blogs for specific things (namely business and tech stuff), and decided to mostly just be me instead of the semi-anonymous me that blogging usually allows. So...hi y'all...my name is April and you can check out my website here, friend me on FaceBook here, and follow me on Twitter here. Whew!
- I kind of came to my "coming out" moment above because I met an amazing lady this weekend. I have been following the Family on Bikes since they first hit the road almost four years ago to ride their bicycles from northern Alaska to the southern-most point of South America. Their blog was great and when you read about people nearly daily for so long, you kind of feel like you know them. So this weekend when they were giving a presentation near where we are staying Georgia, I showed up just to meet them. It's kind of weird to have never met someone but know all about them ("hi, I'm your blog stalker...you've never met me but I know all about your son's toe problems and the new house you are buying..." weird huh?). But Nancy was sooo nice! In fact the whole family was so nice! After the presentation Nancy and I went for coffee and it was like we had known each other for ages. This was actually the first time I had ever met someone from "online" so it was a pretty amazing experience.
- Finally, a belated Father's Day to all of you dads out there!!!