- When I sent the monthly invoice to one of my clients for keeping her website updated, I mentioned that it was starting to look a little dated and for $200 I could update the layout so it would look more modern. I haven't heard back yet but hopefully she will take me up on the offer.
- I browsed Kickstarter yesterday. They let you do fundraising campaigns for all kinds of arts projects as well as for writing. I am amazed at how much money other people have been able to raise for their projects this way! I may do a campaign for the non fiction book I want to write.
- I am trying to build up the courage to sell bottled water on the Las Vegas Strip next week. The weather should be pretty warm and it seems fairly simple--we have a cooler and I can buy some ice and bottled water then make about $20 per case that I sell. Hubby thinks I might get arrested. I think I may die of embarrassment (I'm kind of shy and not the outgoing type of sales personality that would make someone successful at such an endeavour).
- I'm starting my money challenge with $40. Hubby won about $800 at poker the other day and gave me $100 (which I think is more than fair as he has been paying all of the bills for nearly a year now). I used $60 to pay for our cell phones for November (that is the only bill I pay each month) and now I have $40 left. I think I will use this for the bottled water project then use the money I get from that project to buy pizzas to sell at the university.
- On a side note, also during the month of November, I am going to try to go all Paleo for a month. My eating habits are now pretty atrocious and I can really feel the way all of the junk I have been eating is affecting my body so I need to try something else...like not having In N Out burger every other day. Yikes.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
I'm Psyched for My Money Challenge!
Starting on Tuesday (November 1st) I have challenged myself to earn $1000 during the month of November. This is what I have done as a way to get a jump start on my challenge: