- Son #2 called last night. Seems he decided to rent a u haul and move his wife and two kids from Colorado to North Carolina in the middle of a snow storm. Needless to say he had no experience driving a u haul, let alone in the middle of the snow storm, and they slid off into a ditch which totalled both the u haul (which he opted to not insure) and their van. Fortunately no one was injured which is the most important thing. Now they are trying to figure out what to do. The stuff they had in the u haul is mostly crap anyway so I told them to give it away or throw it away and we will get them four one way tickets to NC where they can start over. Fortunately daughter #2 who lives in NC and the kid's mom (hubby's ex) will be there to help them get settled in. Ayayay. I'm thinking people who are single and have no kids end up infinitely wealthier than people with kids because no matter their age (this particular kid is 30) they always cost money!
- I went to the post office today to mail some gifts to my friends in Japan. The line was out the door and there was a total on ONE person working at the counter! The USPS is hideous. Service at McDonalds is MUCH faster and it is staffed with a gaggle of teenagers who make minimum wage. Meanwhile postal service employees are paid really well and have a boatload of benefits and they still can't provide decent customer service. Color me cranky.
- We will get back into the house hunt at the end of the month. Fortunately the lender said to just email our recent tax info to him and he will write us up a pre-approval letter no problem. I am, however, a bit unexcited about the proposition of starting the house hunt over after we made EIGHT offers on houses previously and were outbid on all of them. Ayayay.
- There is no change in the right side numbness/tingling on my body. I have no idea what it is but since they ruled out anything fatal I guess it is a nuisance but not too horrible to live with. I did drop off a big bag of cookies and brownies to the ER staff who helped me out and they seemed super happy (I don't think the ER staff has much time to eat since they are always so busy!). So if you are looking for a good deed to do, bring your local hospital ER staff some goodies to eat and they will be infinitely pleased (plus it will be good karma for you).
- Follow up on son #2. I just talked to his wife and told her we would pay the $500 for their airline tickets if they want to get rid of their stuff and take this option. She wants to keep all of her (IMHO) crappy stuff and would rather spend $1500+ for the rental car, u haul, gas, hotel rooms, etc. to get to NC. I told her that way they could keep their $1500 and buy a car with that money when they get there but noooo she doesn't want to do that. Ayayay. Kids.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
I Seem to Blog Best When I'm Cranky...
I don't know why. When things are going well it seems like I don't have much to talk about but when they are going bad...well, here is a look at my day...