Friday, April 6, 2012

Update (I Think Murphy is Moving On)

Things seem to be looking up!  I'm not sure why but when things are going well, Murphy's Law seems to kick in and we hit a few bumps in the road.  Today (crossing my fingers) things seem to be getting a bit better:

  • A friend of mine is throwing more work my way.  She needs a website revamped and has said she will have me do a second website soon, she needs a couple of grants written, and she said there may be more work after that. Yippee!
  • We are still waiting to hear if offer on house #13 has been approved, so no word on that yet.
  • I haven't got any responses to my Fiver ads yet (you can see them here and here).  But then I checked and it looks like many people are willing to do what I posted for $5.  Maybe I need to do something more unique.
  • I got a temporary crown on my tooth yesterday and will get the permanent one in a few weeks.  Because we paid cash for it they took $100 off and I ended up paying $650 for it.
  • Hubby is an excellent cook.  Tonight he made barbecue beef ribs, baked beans, mashed potatoes, and vegies. Yum.  (Note the total for this meal was around $5 and we have plenty of leftovers.  It really does pay to cook from scratch).
  • I love my new not-so-smart phone.  Here's why (sometimes I upload photos to Blogger and they end up turned sideways for some unknown reason...).
  • And finally, we have very few flowers here in Vegas but I found these pretty roses (see photo above) that someone has kept watered near where we live.  I love roses.
I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment