- The weather in Las Vegas is absolutely perfect in the fall; high 80s, low 90s and low humidity plus it's sunny...nice!
- Thanks everyone for your comments about my blog issues. I think it was something with Blogger and I hope it's fixed now.
- I'm still really wanting a new smartphone. Hubby and I have been debating it endlessly. He is fine with his ancient phone and really I should be fine with my old, basic phone too because really, we only talk and text each other (most everyone else I message to over Facebook and email). But I love technology. I just don't love the super expensive prices for a new smartphone and this article as well as this article made some very good points.
- And I think my computer is trying to make me want a smartphone even more. Have you noticed that when you are researching something (I have been checking out phones, plans, service providers, etc) suddenly all of the ads you encounter on the webpages you visit are pushing the exact product you have been researching? Well that's what my computer has been doing and its creeping me out!
- I came across this article and it is soooo true. Ladies (well this mostly applies to ladies but to some men too), you need to judge a man (or woman) by their actions and not by what they say. Especially when it comes to money. Since I have been married for...ever...I have had very little exposure to people like this although I have been witness to guy friends who were financial train wrecks yet they still had women falling all over them and all I could do was shake my head in disbelief. Also my friend has somehow dated every loser within a 50 mile radius. Nearly all of these guys were financially incompetent if not downright manipulative which has resulted in her shelling out more money than she has or can afford for these losers. If someone is a walking financial disaster run fast and run far away from them.
- Since we just got our wills done, this article grabbed my attention. Death can be quite expensive. Since I want hubby to retain as much money as possible if I should go before him, I made it quite clear that if I am at death's door I want him to pull the plug. Quickly. Then I want to be cremated (it's way cheaper than burial), he can put my ashes where ever he wants to, then I want him to skip the funeral and have a party at our house to celebrate my passing. Simple. Cheap.
- On a happier note, this information was useful (I'm a big fan of WD40 anyway).
- Finally, I am still waiting for my book to get here so I can proofread it and set it up for sale on Amazon!
Thursday, September 27, 2012
It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
This is mostly an update post but I wanted a nicer headline than "update". Here's what's happening: