- The brownies were from a package (cost $1.25, plus two eggs .20, and oil .10 = $1.55)
- The lemon cake was from a package (cost .67 on sale, three eggs .30, and oil .10 = $1.07)
- The chocolate chip cookies were homemade (estimated cost of $3.00)
- The flan was homemade (estimated cost of $3.00). I know the flan looks atrocious but believe me--it tastes really good! The problem is that it is cooked in a double boiler and after it is cooked I have to flip it over into a pie plate and it really is more difficult than it sounds...and it nearly ended up all over the floor. So I was just happy that the majority of it landed, sort of, in the plate!
And here are some interesting money links:
- 20 Products With Giant Markups
- 13 Ways Americans Throw Away Money
- 5 Surprising Money Myths That Keep You Poor