- The five days I spent volunteering at the genealogy conference was wonderful. I met some great people, I got to sit in on on some wonderful classes, and I picked up some useful resources at the exhibit hall. Best of all, I think this little volunteer gig prepared me a bit for my new job as it made me get up early (5am!), and stand on my feet for five hours a day. Overall, a wonderful opportunity!
- The SIL left last night after spending a week with us. We had a great time and did a bunch of the usual tourist stuff: walk the Strip, go to Fremont, visit the Hoover Dam, go shopping, go out to eat, etc.
- My first day of work is TODAY! The casino is getting ready for the WSOP (World Series of Poker, a big, high-money poker tournament) so for three days this week I will be training. Wish me luck!
- It's getting hot here! We topped 100 degrees yesterday so now the air conditioning will probably be on until the end of September :(
- Happy belated Mother's Day to all of you mothers who read my blog! I figured I would at least pop in to post a short message about the holiday but we were out all day plus having guests is literally exhausting for me so sorry this comes a couple of days late.
- One way I relax in the evening is to read books. Lately I have been downloading a bunch of books for my Kindle app on my computer from our local library--all free!
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Whew it has been a busy week around here! Here's what's been happening: