- I hopped on Facebook first thing to wish son #3 a happy birthday--I can't believe he is 32 already!
- Hubby and I are going to watch the movie "Heat" this morning. The theater at the Palms casino charges only $5 for movies all day on Mondays and we haven't been to a movie in ages. While I am not much of a movie fan anyway, I do like Sandra Bullock and the SIL saw the movie and said it was really funny so I am looking forward to it. BTW the movie will actually cost us nothing as hubby will use his poker comps to pay for it.
- After the movie we will go to the Palms buffet for lunch. This is my favorite buffet in Vegas and again, it will be free with comps.
- I need to make time to work on my book since I want to have it written and published by the end of August.
- I am also working on another book--actually just starting--but I would like to see this one done by the end of the year so I need to GET BUSY!
- I have jury duty this week and need to call in this evening to see if I need to go in tomorrow.
- We went to see the Vegas show 'Divas' (female impersonators) on Saturday. It was free through Show Tickets for Locals and we were so happy that this service is completely free (no annual subscription cost like other similar services) that we are going to go to another show later this week.
- By the end of July I want to do three more volksmarches (I did a 10k last Saturday; since it is so hot here I need to start walking at 5am! eekkk); go to a reddit meet up (on my goal list); and get my concealed carry license (basically take an entire day for the class).
- I am also working on my genealogy project everyday so I have a list of things to do for this each day (today I need to call the courthouse and see about divorce records from the 1940s and order a couple of old newspapers so I can look up some obituaries).
- My friend called me yesterday and said "I need to spend $25,000 over the course of the next year, do you want it?" After taking about two seconds to consider the offer I said of course. She has a bunch of work projects to do and if she doesn't spend the money this year it will be removed from her budget next year so I told her I would be happy to help out (mostly policy writing and research). I love it when stuff like this just falls into my lap!
- Another friend in the same field sent me an email yesterday and asked if I would do a website project for her. Again, I immediately told her I would love to. Gotta love this 'feast or famine' approach to work and earning an income...
- And here are some interesting articles I came across recently: here, here, and a cool data aggregator here.
Monday, July 15, 2013
It's Going to Be a Super Busy Day!
Mondays always seem to be busy anyway but my "to do" list for today is huge: