Friday, August 2, 2013

5 Things Friday

Happy Friday!  Here's five things for today:

  1. I started off my morning at 5am doing an 11k volksmarch on the Las Vegas Strip.  My SIL wanted to walk this morning so I thought I would get in another volksmarch at the same time (my goal is to walk 500k in volksmarches this year so every little bit helps).  Since it is so hot in Vegas during the summer, any walking outside needs to start at daybreak.  Also, there are A LOT of drunk people stumbling down the Strip at 5am!
  2. I love it when I read about people doing creative, cool (and money-saving) things...like this guy.
  3. This afternoon we will take the SIL and BIL out to lunch at the Palms buffet.  It's a win-win-win because #1 we get to treat them (they are always treating us so it is nice to return the favor when we can), #2 it is lunch and not dinner which is great because it is both cheaper and, in my opinion, better to eat such a huge meal earlier in the day instead of later in the evening, and #3 it is technically free because we will be using hubby's comps to pay for it.
  4. The SIL will be going to the Bruno Mars concert tomorrow (her ticket cost over $300!!), but we will find cheaper entertainment such as attending a free cowboy mounted shooting event this weekend.  Since we are retired, almost any kind of entertainment needs to be free or free-ish.
  5. I MUST work on my book this weekend.  I am so lazy but I really, really, really want to get it done by the end of the month.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Very funny to think about the Volksmarchers encountering the early-morning stumblers from The Strip!

    ReplyDelete