Sunday, August 25, 2013

An Update, A Recipe, and More


It's been a busy weekend.  Here's what's been happening

  • We went to a cutting horse show (photo above) which was fun (and free).  Who knew Las Vegas was such a horse place?  There seems to be horse shows of one kind or another about every other weekend here!
  • It's kind of a rainy weekend.  Fortunately the rain isn't at all like it is in Seattle but it has been gray and overcast since Friday.
  • I'm worried about the hubby.  Most of the time he is perfectly fine but occasionally he seems a bit off.  Some of this is due to swings in blood sugar (which has happened a few times and really freaked me out) but I think some of it could be something else so I need to somehow get him to his doctor and see what is going on.  I have been worried about this before but the SIL mentioned seeing the same thing and said TAKE HIM TO A DOCTOR so that is on my list to do this week.
  • I got more work out of the blue.  While the big project is on hold, my friend called me and asked if I wanted to do a smaller project with some fire chiefs I had worked with five or six years ago.  Of course I said yes.  It's kind of strange to have people from the past coming out of the woodwork lately.
  • I talked myself into and out of getting a table this weekend.  When I get fixated on something, that is all I think about and suddenly I felt the need for a tablet.  I looked, I researched, I shopped.  I looked at 7" tablets which were cute but only slightly bigger than my cell phone then I looked at 10" tablets and I think that is the size I want one but at nearly $400 it is out of my budget for now (it isn't an emergency so I can't take the money out of our emergency fund no matter how much I want it).  So I have decided to wait.  Impatiently.
  • And here is a recipe for chili I saw on TV today.  It looked really simple so I gave it a try and hubby gave it two thumbs up.  Brown ground beef and onions with a bit of salt, chili powder, garlic, and a diced jalapeno.  Add a can of diced tomatoes with the juice.  In a blender, blend a can of black beans (with the liquid, don't drain them) and a jalapeno pepper.  Pour this into the ground beef mixture and simmer.  Add some chopped cilantro.  I served it with grated cheddar cheese, chopped onions, and sour cream.  You can also use this for a base and add chopped celery, canned whole beans and/or any other chili ingredients you can think of.  It was really tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment