Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Quick Update

I got into the habit of posting here every day last month and I am actually going to try to keep doing this on a daily basis.  Since nothing much is happening, I will just post a few quick updates today.

  • It's 30 degrees today.  For most of the country this probably isn't a big deal but for Las Vegas, it is COLD!!!  My furnace has been running non stop for the past couple of days and I am not looking forward to getting the next gas bill :(
  • I sold one of the four items I listed on Criaglist so far.  If you remember a while back, I found two 15 pound dumb bells by the side of the road when I was walking.  So I recently listed them on Craigslist and they sold for $20 (thanks Lorraine for telling me how much they were worth!).  Hubby couldn't believe someone would pay so much for these hunks of found metal but they did.
  • We tried the Thai restaurants (Lotus of Siam) that everyone--including Anthony Bourdain--is raving about.  It wasn't that good.  It was OK but not great we have certainly had much better when it comes to Thai food so we were a bit disappointed.   We had the buffet thinking we would get a wide sample of the food they offered but it was kind of meh.  Maybe their individual items on the menu are better?
  • We are still debating getting a Christmas tree.  Since it is just us here and no kids or grandkids are around we may skip it.
  • Ditto for Christmas gifts.  Years ago we bought gifts for everyone (we were up to 75+ gifts each year  due to four siblings on my side, six siblings on hubby's side, co-workers, friends, and hubby's five kids.  When this group started adding their own kids and grandkids we pretty much stopped the whole gifting thing).  I send a few gifts to friends in Japan (gifting is a BIG deal there) but for all of hubby's kids, we send them cash that they can spend on themselves and their families.  While I would love to send a Christmas gift to everyone I know, it is just too expensive to buy the gift and ship it, and I want to be fair so if I send a gift to one niece or nephew (of which we are now over 100!) I would have to do it for all.
  • We fell off the no-spend wagon and we have spent money every day so far this month.  January will definitely be a no spend month with the added feature of planning ahead (stocking up on food and filling the car's gas tank).  Ugh...it takes so much effort NOT to spend money!

2 comments:

  1. Nice sale on the weights! Here's hoping you find more sell-able freebies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks--the more "found" stuff we can find and sell, the better!

    ReplyDelete