- Rob Greenfield's entire website and blog are fascinating. I particularly like his minimalist streak.
- Joanna Penn's website is also full of super useful information for writers. Here is a great post for those who would like to make a living as a writer.
- For those of you into nutrition and healthy eating, the 7th Annual Food Revolution Summit is coming up, it is all online and it is free!
- Here are 60 thrifty ways to help save the planet. I was happy to see that I already do many of these things.
- Speaking of minimalism, I came across this basic list of everything you need to outfit a new home (great info for those heading off to college or into their first apartment).
- Although this isn't news news, I was amused to see that they actually did a study on putting one or two spaces after a period when typing (this is actually a big hairy deal for writers who debate the topic endlessly). FWIW I'm a two-space person.
- At least once every day or so, I read an article on Longform. These are longer than usual articles on interesting topics that I like to think helps my ability to focus and concentrate (as opposed to reading "sound-bite"-sized posts and articles that you usually find online).
- Tomorrow is Mother's Day and there are A LOT of freebies to be had for moms!
- And here is a useful stain removal guide. I find so many pieces of clothing at the Goodwill with stains on them that are otherwise in perfect condition (I think that's why they were donated in the first place). I usually take the risk of buying the item for a few bucks then go home and work on the stain and can usually clean it up pretty well!
- Finally, from the 'you gotta be kiddin me file'...who thinks it's a good idea to take your kids and try to take selfies with cheetahs?
Saturday, May 12, 2018
10 Things from My Favorites List
Whenever I run across an interesting story or blog post on the web I automatically add it to my favorites list either to read later or to share. Here are a bunch of interesting things I have found over the past week or so that I want to share with you!