Thursday, May 17, 2018

In Las Vegas This Weekend

It's going to be busy around Las Vegas this weekend...

  • Our county is holding it's semi-annual auction this Saturday which we may go and take a look at.  I used to go to auctions with my grand dad years ago but since auction shows became popular on HGTV and other stations, it seems like everyone and their brother comes to these events and bid the prices up on everything so there aren't as many "great deals" as there used to be.  It is something interesting to watch though.
  • It's time for the annual Electric Daisy Carnival which brings about 400,000 people to the city for the overnight concert series.  Needless to say, we won't be there!
  • I came across this huge list of senior discounts and since I am (eekkk) a senior now, I qualify for some of these.  We may go and try to take advantage of some of these discounts this weekend.
  • On the "to do" list this weekend, clean out the garage.  Hubby is a pack rat and I am a minimalist so you can image how this project will go  :)
  • Have I mentioned that we have an amazing library is Las Vegas?  This weekend's free event--taiko drumming which we may check out as well.  There is always something cool and fascinating happening at our library!
  • And last but not least, Meghan and Harry will get married this weekend.  Since I'm not much of a royal watcher, I probably won't be up at 4am to watch the ceremony but I'm sure clips will be shown on various TV programs for days afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment