Friday, July 27, 2018

Stuff for the Kids to Do


The SIL is here with her grandkids and we got to babysit today--it was supposed to be for two hours but looks like it will be closer to 10 hours!  Yikes!  I don't even know what to do with kids to keep them entertained so I scrambled for things to do, first looking at this list I created a while back then looking at what coupons and discounts I could find.

We ended up watching fish at a nearby aquarium (free), watching a rodeo event (free), having ice cream (I had a coupon), then going ice skating (I found a discount online).  We had a quick lunch at home (to save money) then this evening we may do mini golf (Groupon has a half-off deal for this).  Whew! 

We are fortunate that there are a lot of free and cheap activities here for people of all ages--a great way to entertain visitors without breaking the bank!

2 comments:

  1. I need to create a local list like that. I've been and plan to do more, caregiving for my nieces children. This month is the anniversary of her husbands death-rough month, and she will need some TLC and so will the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sad about your nieces situation! A list of stuff to do is good to have on hand because sometimes it's hard to think of things to do at the last minute and then when we ask our guests what they want to do they just say "anything" so pre-planning is good!

      Delete