Saturday, August 18, 2018

Bulk Cooking

I saw this post on reddit today and the person made a whole bunch of burritos to throw in the freezer and take for lunch in the following weeks instead of going out for lunch.  What a brilliant idea!

Whenever I cook I tend to make extra for leftovers but I've never done a "mega" cooking that could carry us through weeks of meals.  With a bit of Googling, I found that people do all kinds of bulk cooking (and lots of the stuff they make and freeze looks much better than what you can get in a restaurant!).  Usually when I make waffles or pancakes I will freeze the leftovers for future breakfasts but researching this topic has inspired me to do even more.  I think my project for tomorrow will be to make and freeze some sort of WFPB vegan/nutritarian "grab and go" meals.  Not only will this save us money but it will be much healthier than anything we can find in a restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment