- Two nuns embezzled a half million dollars...to gamble with. Nothing gamblers do around here surprises me but this article kind of did surprise me...I mean nuns should be more honest and I can't imagine them gambling except for maybe bingo at church or something...
- I've heard of those "bridezilla" TV shows which were a thing a while back on cable but I always thought that they were told to act as outrageous as possible as part of being on TV but apparently brides do go to extreme lengths in real life...like this.
- Who knew...there is an entire dove industry?
- I guess the lesson here is to not propose over a utility grate in the middle of Times Square (or over any other grate for that matter).
- My cousin is a Santa Clause and fits the part to a T--long grey beard, a bit round, jolly to everyone--but I had no idea these mall Santas can make $15,000 in one season! Wow!
- Japan has so many vacant homes that they are giving them away for free. I WISH that was happening in the US!
Monday, December 10, 2018
Today in Weird Money News
Either people are getting more outrageous or I am getting old and cranky but I can't believe the way people act these days in regards to money (or maybe this sort of stuff happened years ago but it was only known within a small group of local people as there was really no way to "go viral" when there was no social media...but anyway...)