Monday, March 25, 2019

Baking Today

It's a quiet day today so instead of going to get some sort of treat at the store and spending money, I decided to bake some brownies from scratch.  I used this recipe, and I can't rave enough about using parchment paper when baking, especially sticky things.  I would usually have to pry the brownies out of the pan after they were baked, even after thoroughly greasing and flouring the pan, but with parchment paper I just pick the brownies up out of the pan and peel the paper off the brownies.  As you can see I still haven't figured out how to keep the crumply paper from making crumply-looking brownies but they tasted great!




3 comments:

  1. I am a diehard user of parchment for baking, discovered it about 4 years ago. I really don't know why I didn't use it prior but love it. If you use a little margarine between the parchment and the pan it holds the paper down and you don't get the wrinkled effect. I even cut pieces, one for bottom and 4 for the sides rather than using just one piece for the whole pan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea to cut out pieces for the sides and bottom separately instead of scrunching one piece to fit in the pan! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. You can always cut from the corner of the parchment paper into the corner of the pan and then overlap to create smooth side (it makes sense to me lol)

    ReplyDelete