- We have beautiful sunsets here...
- If people would stop murdering each other that would be nice (El Paso, Dayton, and even in my own city). So sad and frustrating.
- On a happier note, there are so many interesting people on YouTube. Watching the positivity of this lady's interview made me happy today.
- Speaking of YouTube, this guy and his quest for minimalism was also a fascinating watch.
- Comcast has a new $10 internet plan!
- My tablet has been acting up (it's an old Galaxy Tab S2 and I love it, it's fast and the 8 inch size is perfect but the battery life is dwindling and now it randomly gets into a reboot cycle which is beyond annoying). This may be my next tablet...although I need to be PATIENT and wait until it goes on sale since I hate paying full price for anything!
- Bullet journaling looks like such a cool and useful hobby. I love notebooks and pens and writing lists and while I don't have an artistic bone in my body, I love looking at how other people decorate their journals (mine is a basic written daily "to do" list, not artistic but really useful).
- I was glancing through this list of class action lawsuits and there are so many--some for very common products. I generally check this list every few months and have qualified for some in the past (usually you will get a check for a few dollars, once I was surprised with a check for about $75).
- It's hacker week in Las Vegas! There are three big hacker conferences this week, the most interesting for the average techie being DefCon. I haven't ever attended this conference because the people and topics are miles ahead of my minimal tech abilities but I follow the goings on on Twitter (search #DEFCON and #DEFCON27) and I avoid The Strip like the plague (they tend to hack ATMs and open wifi, and anything else they can in order to be disruptive).
- On a personal note, the money I earned from my summer gig is almost gone so I need to get busy developing a business or multiple streams of income or something (other than an actual job, I am so not a regular job kind of person).
Tuesday, August 6, 2019
10 Random Things
In no particular order...