- Did you know that you can get paid for being a 'Karen'? Apparently you can!
- Even though school is still up in the air for many, here is a giant list of free and low-cost resources for college students.
- Another note on schools, you can often Google your area/school district and find information on lots of services for kids (in our area there was a free immunization clinic, sign-ups for free meal delivery while kids are doing school from home, free school supply backpack events, etc).
- The census is still hiring if you are looking for an interesting temporary job.
- Speaking of temp jobs, many areas are hiring for poll worker jobs too right now (example from my area).
- Tuesday is free entrance day to the national parks to celebrate the National Park Service's Birthday.
- Reddit frugal is full or great, cheap ideas. Here is another thread with lots of money-saving ideas.
- A quick note that the growing season will be wrapping up within the next month or so. Now is a great time to ask to glean farmer's fields after the harvest, plan and plant your fall/winter garden, and ask friends for leftovers if their garden is too productive for them to handle.
- If you live in the Gulf Coast I probably don't need to tell you that you should really be prepared for a hurricane (two are heading to the area now). But everyone should have an idea of how to prepare for hurricanes whether you live in a hurricane-prone area or are just there for vacation.
- And on our side of the country, we haven't seen the sun in days because the smoke from all of the California wildfires is coming our way. Not great for us, but even worse for the folks in California. Again, being prepared for wildfires is always a good idea!
Have a great rest of your weekend!
This was a good list. I have been reading from it.ReplyDelete