Monday, December 28, 2020

Merry Blogmas Day 28 Stocked Up!

Last week when we deep cleaned the house in preparation for the new year, I made a shopping list of all of the things we needed, from toiletries to food to other stuff.  Today hubby and I took the list, hit up a half dozen stores (early in the morning to avoid the crowds) and bought everything we needed to completely stock up our fridge, freezer, pantry, toiletries, and other consumables.  Hopefully we wont need to do much shopping except for produce for the next couple months!  I always hate running out of things (especially recipe ingredients when I am in the middle of cooking something!) so we make it a habit to have a back up of everything we use, from toilet paper and coffee creamer to toothpaste and canned foods.  I think we are completely ready for the new year now.  Hopefully the new year will be a much better year for everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Stocking up is a good idea for the coming months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing a pantry challenge and need to use up lurkers before they expire. I plan to send some treats back with my daughter to college to share with her friends as I have so many cakes mixes and canned fruit for when I thought we might not get fresh readily available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually try to eat down our stocked food at the beginning of each year but this year with shortages and covid lockdowns still not totally out of the question, we have been keeping our stocked food well stocked until the virus passes.

      Delete