- I am starting a new hobby...jigsaw puzzles! This is a 1000 piece puzzle which I think is manageable; a while back I thought "how hard can a 20,000 piece puzzle be?" when I saw one at the store and the answer was VERY. I didn't even finish putting it together before quitting in frustration. So I will give this one a shot and see how it goes!
- I got an "official" haircut today from the local Great Clips. I usually do one "official" haircut then have hubby trim my hair a couple times before getting another salon cut to even things out. This is a great way to save money and hubby does a pretty good job with trimming my hair.
- Las Vegas is crazy busy this weekend (hence the reason I am sticking close to home instead of venturing into the tourist areas).
- My friend called me in a panic yesterday. Someone had cut the catalytic converter off her car and she lives in a gated community! Apparently this is happening all over the city. So one AAA tow, a week or so in the shop, and a $500 insurance deductible and she should be good to go but it is so disappointing that people can be so awful!
- Our internet has been super slow for the past few weeks. I thought it might be because so many people are home using the internet at the same time but after talking to the internet service tech support guy, I reluctantly bought a new modem/router and it really did speed up our internet. I guess modem/routers get old and slow way down?
- Finally, I love Baskin Robbins. Not only are their Blast drinks much better than a Starbucks Frappuccino IMHO, we have always been able to call any Baskin Robbins store anywhere in the country and buy ice cream birthday cakes for the grandkids to pick up. It was one granddaughter's birthday this week and she was so happy to go and pick out a princess ice cream cake at her local Baskin Robbins!
I hope you are having a wonderful long weekend!