Saturday, January 29, 2022

10 Things from This Weekend

It's been a busy weekend around here! 

  1. I did a nice 12k walk along the north part of the Las Vegas Strip this morning with my walking group (see photo above).
  2. A couple days ago I randomly checked for unclaimed property in both Nevada where I live and Washington where I used to live and hubby and I both had unclaimed property in both states.  They were small amounts and I don't even know what they are for but I put in claim forms to both states and I guess we will get checks in the mail soon!  Find unclaimed property here.
  3. We got our free covid tests in the mail today.  Since we both recently had covid we will save them in case we get sick in the future.
  4. I've been watching New England get hammered with snow today via YouTube.  Whenever we see these massive snow storms in New England, hubby is reminded how happy he is to be living in the desert southwest!
  5. The other thing I have been watching today is the Freedom Convoy on YouTube (with the media blackout this huge protest isn't really being covered on our regular news stations).
  6. With the way things are going in society, I thought this--being crowned king of a remote English island--would be a perfect thing for me to do (unfortunately I am not English and hubby really likes living in big cities).
  7. I heard a random song on a movie and it immediately caught my attention.  When I looked it up I was surprised to find out that it was from 1934!
  8. Have I told you how much I detest our state's unemployment department?  First it took about eight months to get pandemic unemployment back in 2020 for a temp job I do each year which was cancelled due to the pandemic.  Several months later they said I owed some of that money back (I filed an appeal and gave them evidence about the weeks I would have been working the job if it had not been cancelled...I did this in July 2021 and still haven't received a response from them!).  Then this week I received a tax form from them saying that I got $5000 in unemployment from them in 2021.  I did not file for this money and I did not receive this money so now I have to figure out how to have them fix this mess.  It is impossible to call in to their office so I sent them a letter via registered mail...needless to say I am never ever going to file for unemployment again after this experience!
  9. The Beijing Olympics will start in a week--that will be something we look forward to watching on TV!
  10. Finally, shopping has been a underwhelming experience lately so we have pretty much stopped shopping except for groceries and an occasional stop at the Goodwill.  There doesn't seem to be any good sales, whether in stores or online, prices seem to be high on just about everything ($1200 for a new Samsung phone and that isn't even the expensive folding one!), and supply chain problems seem to be everywhere, both in stores and online.  Ugh

2 comments:

  1. I, like you am not English, but would love to live on that island. My free tests have not arrived. How long did it take to get yours? I ordered from the link you provided.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only took a week or so to get the tests. I hope you got your by now!

      Delete