Friday, January 21, 2022

Back in the Groove

We are finally back in the groove of things!  We took a friend to Spring Mountain Ranch Park yesterday (see photo above) and she enjoyed the outing.  I called her the night before and explained that we had been sick, probably with covid, and were feeling better but were unsure if we were still contagious or not and offered to do the outing in a week or two and her response was "I'm 91, I could die this week so of course we are still going tomorrow!"  So we went.  And she regaled us with tales of her amazing life all the way to the park and back--she was a single mother of three kids in the 1950s, met the neighbor guy, he had an idea for a business so she took out a loan, then they got married and built their business into a multi million dollar company.  They traveled the world and she walked on the Great Wall of China twice and even now she is still helping to run her business although she has mostly turned it over to her kids.  What an amazing lady and she is still super sharp...I hope I am like that in my 90s!

In other news, I have been getting out to walk a few miles a day over the past few days and that is MUCH better than laying around the house sick!

6 comments:

  1. So glad that you are feeling better! That 91 year old woman sounds like a hoot and a great person to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She is wonderful. I think most anyone in their 90s should be treated like a national treasure!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful! Women like her are role models for us all. I am glad you are better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I certainly hope I am spry and sharp if I make it to her age!

      Delete