In no particular order...
- It is still stormy here but nowhere near as bad as in California!
- Our library has always been amazing but now they have added another great feature--we can now check out day passes to our state parks! While I don't mind paying for the annual senior pass (an inexpensive $30), for years that we don't go to many parks, free is definitely a great option!
- Speaking of parks, all National Parks offer free entry day next Monday for MLK Jr Day.
- We finally got our natural gas bill and it is a good $40 over the normal price we have been paying for years. We use natural gas for our stove, hot water heater, dryer, and furnace so I guess we will try to cut back on using these appliances as much as possible. That is a huge increase! :(
- January 26th is the annual point-in-time homeless count. This is a national event and I am thinking about volunteering to do this in our city. While I have done these counts many times in our previous city, homeless people here seem particularly shooty and stabby so I'm not sure if I will do this or not...
- I finally got a new cell phone and I think I will be keeping it. I've had the Galaxy S10 for a few years so I figured it was time to upgrade. I tried the S 22+ and it was big and clunky and not even as clear, screen and photo-wise, as my S 10. I then tried the S 22 Ultra and while it took amazing pictures, it too was big and clunky. I really like the small folding form factor of the Z Flip 4 that I picked up yesterday at Best Buy (they even matched the price I found on Amazon for the phone so I saved an additional $150 and I will check to see if the price drops any more for the next two weeks because they also do price adjustments!).
- If you like skywatching, you should be able to see the first green comet near our planet in more than 50,000 years this month!
- Finally, I just ran across an offer from our local electric utility company for free things like dryers and refrigerators! After I do our taxes next month I will see if we qualify, income-wise, and if so we will definitely sign up for this program! Note that many utility companies offer similar programs across the nation.