Saturday, June 17, 2023

10 Things from This Week

It's still super busy around here... 

  1. Work is still going along.  Not sure if I will eventually have this job permanently or if they want someone who at least lives in the state.  I think the board is waiting until we finish up the end of the fiscal and contract year and everything settles down to a dull roar before they decide.
  2. I got my award Saturday before last.  It was a Meritorious Service award from the walking club that I belong to.
  3. Here is a great deal if you want to buy and refurbish an abandoned home in Ireland.
  4. The SIL and BIL were here for the past ten days.  They are thinking about buying a house here and looked at a whole bunch of properties that are for sale but the only houses that meet their requirement are $1 million+.  eeekkk
  5. I might have a cat...or three.  Hubby came downstairs a couple mornings ago when I was working and said "what is that???"  I turned around and found three cats (looks like a mom cat and two bigger kittens) lounging on the back patio watching me work.  So I gave them some water and a bit of food and now it looks like they live here permanently.  They seem to be feral cats so they won't let me near them and scatter as soon as I open the door but they keep returning.  I know nothing about cats. 

  6. Our local professional ice hockey team won the Stanley Cup so they are planning a huge parade down the Las Vegas Strip this evening.  Needless to say, we are staying home and will catch the highlights on the news.  Hanging out with tens of thousands of rowdy hockey fans doesn't sound like fun to us!
  7. The weather is weird this summer--Las Vegas hasn't even hit 100 degrees yet which is very unusual as it usually hits 100 in May!
  8. Our sunsets are still beautiful as usual! 

  9. Sunday is Father's Day; here are some deals for the holiday.
  10. And here is another cat pictures...


4 comments:

  1. Such sweet kitties. Our weather in Southern Illinois has been mild compared to normal also and I will gladly take it. It will be hot and humid soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely not used to humid weather but that is mostly what we have had over the past several months--I'm hoping for dryer weather soon!

      Delete
  2. You now own cats. Catch them one at a time and have them fixed so there are no more kitties. If you feed a cat a morsel, they will stay with you. lol
    I hope your job lasts as long as you want it to last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can catch the cats, I will definitely take them to a local spay/neuter clinic. Thanks for the great advice.

      Delete