Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Have People Lost Their Everloving Minds?

I don't know if it is just me or the whole world has turned upside down.  People seem to be acting weird in general and I don't understand why.  The final straw on the camel's proverbial back is the currently happening mass shooting incident at our local university.  There is little information about the incident as it is unfolding now but seriously, people seem to have lost all semblance of manners, morals, and values and I don't like it!

Yesterday we were at Sam's Club and when I walked down an aisle, a teenage girl started yelling, I guess at me as there was no one else around.  She yelled "excuse you bitch" then walked off.  I didn't bump into her, there was plenty of room in the aisle for me to walk by her, and her mom who was nearby didn't even look up from her cell phone.  I didn't call her out since I didn't want to end up on the "brawling at Walmart" TicToks but WTF is wrong with people?  A few minutes earlier, same store, I asked a guy who had one of those long carts if he could move it a bit so I could look at the books since his cart was blocking half of the book table.  I asked nicely, and he just glared at me and pulled his cart back.  Then leaving the store, hubby and I were nearly run over by a van.  He had a stop sign, he saw us, and still turned so tightly that he nearly hit us.  

Maybe it is just living in a big city, maybe it is living in "Sin City" (like what would you expect in a place with the name Sin City?), maybe it is living in an area with literally the dumbest students in the nation (19% of 8th graders are proficient in math and 27% are proficient in reading and the parents are more likely to come to the school and fight the teacher than help their kids learn to read or do math...ugh), maybe it is opening the fire hydrant of bad news every time I open my web browser/turn on the TV...I don't know what it is but I want to move...to Jarbidge!

11 comments:

  1. I just heard about the shooting. We had one at our local university a few years ago, and we were just dumbfounded because we live in such a small town. You are right...people have lost their ever-loving minds. I used to work in schools and I promise it's just as bad as you hear online. I don't know what this world is going to become. I'm glad you and your husband are ok. Jarbridge sounds fabulous! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure how teachers can even drag themselves to work these days--hostile students, hostile parents, hostile administration, and the ever-present school shooter threat. What a scary job!

      Delete
  2. I thought about you when I heard about the shooting. People are out of control. Jarbridge is remote and has few people. So, I suppose everyone has to get along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes small towns seem to have nicer people in my experience.

      Delete
  3. It seems like civilization is going backwards. Very troubling. I tagged you in a post on FB about terrorist threats in Las Vegas. Maybe it's time to relocate? After all, you can work remotely anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would move out of here in a heartbeat but hubby loves living here (he is a city person and I was raised in a very rural place). With the insane amount of crime here it really does seem like it could be a terrorism/terrorism-adjacent hotspot :/

      Delete
  4. The world has become a really scary place. It makes me so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think people are literally losing their minds. I am normally a chatty person when I am out and about, but now I think before I open my mouth. Will they be offended, will they not get my joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read a story about a grown man having a complete meltdown in McDonald's.
      He became enraged because he got a toy donkey in his happy meal.
      He wanted Pokemon cards.
      Screaming tirade over not getting the toy he wants. Yelling at a women filming the tantrum.
      Screaming at the manager.
      Then got into a fist fight with another customer who was trying to order his meal.
      First off, what the hell is a grown ass man doing ordering a happy meal?
      Then to get hysterical like a two year old because he didn't like his toy???
      This was in Nova Scotia.
      Our society has become so obsessed with self there's no room for anything else.
      We were taught from a young age
      that this was not correct behavior.
      They no longer teach citizenship in school.
      People do not attend church anymore.
      They will not be told no or that they are wrong.
      If you think it's bad now, just wait.

      Delete