Tuesday, January 23, 2024

A Quick Update

It's been very quiet around here lately...

...the skies have looked like this, with copious amounts of rain, for the last few days.  The cats don't like rain.

...the cats are still cute as ever (however a couple of them are so fat and fluffy they are starting to look like racoons!).  This is one of the more skittish cats.  He looks like he wants to come inside but the minute I open the door he jumps away like his tail is on fire!  I don't understand cats.

...I got a fantastic deal on a Tumi bag at Ross of all places.  Usually these bags cost around $75 but I got it for under $15!

...Fortunately hubby and I are both recovered from whatever respiratory illness we had over the past couple weeks.

...Hubby's kids and grandkids are planning to descend on Las Vegas and surprise him for his 75th birthday next month.  I volunteered to pay for all of their airline tickets and hotels so this will be a major expenditure.  Did I mention hubby had 5 kids (with spouses), 13 grandkids (half with spouses), and three great grand kids?  Yikes.  They all won't be able to make it, but we should have a pretty big group of people.  This should be fun (and a major surprise for hubby!).

I hope you are all surviving the wild weather our entire country has been experiencing over the past couple of weeks!

10 comments:

  1. So glad to hear y'all are feeling better. I think your hubby will be SO surprised for his big birthday! I think that's awesome! Even better that you can do it and not have to worry about spending that much money. I want to get to that point in my life someday! Kitty sure is cute! Looks almost exactly like one I have in my backyard. The purse is cute, too! What a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am glad we can afford to host so many people (but like the old bumper sticker says, we are definitely spending the kid's inheritance! LOL). And yes, hubby will definitely be surprised!

      Delete
  2. That is a crowd! I know it will please him. Will you be cooking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will cook a few meals but I don't want hubby overdoing it with cooking so I think I will make several snack boxes from Costco stuff plus take the group out to eat a few times.

      Delete
  3. Leave the door open and put a treat right inside, just a few inches. If he gets it when it is two inches inside, increase that distance for the next treat.
    Are you sure these are not pregnant cats? If not, they must be dining elsewhere, too...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think we feed them too much (like every time they smush their cute faces against the sliding door and look hungry which is several times a day!). And I think we will know if the one female is pregnant in a couple months. Yikes!

      Delete
  4. Hi, this is Chris who comments on Sluggy’s blog sometimes. I wonder if some of your fat cats are really pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe two are male cats and one is female and yes, the female cat could definitely be pregnant!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I wish they could be like pet cats but they are so feral we can only admire them from afar!

      Delete