Saturday, February 3, 2024

10 Things from This Week


It's been an interesting week...
  1. I love my job but sometimes I feel like it gives me a front row seat to watch the world burn.  I would like to elaborate in detail but then again, I don't want to get fired.  tldr; don't find yourself in an emergency department if at all possible, pay attention to people who may be suicidal, and don't take street drugs (it seems like everything on the streets these days comes with a generous helping of fentanyl...eeekkk).
  2. I finally told hubby about his "surprise" visit by the kids and grandkids.  He hates surprises and if everyone showed up and he hadn't prepared food for everyone or had things planned he would not be a happy camper.  Plus he would have noticed me getting set up for their visit and buying a lot more food than we could eat in months so I told him to just act surprised when they get here.  On a side note, airline tickets are ridiculously expensive these days! 
  3. I saw this post on saving money and thought 'we have been doing many of these things for years!'.
  4. And a reminder to not doom spend.  Although I have been treating myself a bit lately--I got a $150 pair of Altra shoes at Ross for $50 and a $250 Patagonia down jacket for $110 recently.  I like nice stuff but I can't see paying full price for anything!
  5. I recently found this lady on YouTube.  Although I am not yet 60, I feel like she is speaking my language.
  6. The cats are doing fine but we expect several days of rain starting soon...they hate rain.  I may become a cat lady after all.  I especially like pictures of interesting cats.
  7. I need to lose weight.  I am fat and menopausal and so blech :(  But it is so hard to eat healthy when every week we are eating out with friends, regularly walking by my favorite ice cream place, and just eating crappy food in general.  ayayay
  8. We did our taxes using H & R Block online as we have done for years.  Thank goodness I made a large estimated tax payment several months ago or we would owe a lot of money; this way we will get a few hundred dollars back which is perfect.
  9. Our city is getting ready to host the Super Bowl next weekend.  Needless to say, we will stay far away from the stadium and the tourist areas until after all of the excitement is over.
  10. I hope you are all enjoying a relaxing weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I always have to come back several times to get all the links explored. I would be upset, too, if people came and I was not ready.
    Did you see the video where all the grown grandkids came to visit and brought ALL the food?
    Practical Parsimony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be wonderful if everyone came bearing food/gifts!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for all the interesting things you share. I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat ladies unite! 😁 I’d rather stay in and hang out with my cat, too! And I so feel you on the unhealthy eating thing. I thought with me being at home it would be easier for me to eat better, but I’m still just as busy sometimes and have to grab whatever. I need to do better! And yes, I don’t blame you for staying in and staying far, far away from the Super Bowl festivities. Yikes! Way too peopley! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to do a series on healthy, cheap eating so I will be forced to prepare healthier food for us!

      Delete