Tuesday, March 5, 2024

10 Random Things

It's been a while since I posted!  Nothing particularly exciting has been happening but here are several interesting things...

  1. The trees in the picture are blessedly still.  We had quite the windstorm this past weekend which left dirt and dust everywhere (thankfully we didn't lose power!).
  2. One of the cats is definitely pregnant.  She used to be sleek and svelte, now she has the dimensions of a mailbox.  Kitten pictures to follow sometime soon...
  3. I saw this story on the national news so I hurried over to the recorder's website for our county and signed up for recording notification alerts so this won't happen to us.
  4. To celebrate Leap Day on February 29th, hubby and I got a buy one, get one free sandwich at Firehouse Subs (we qualified because I had a first name that started with a LEA or P).  If one of us would have been born on leap day, we would have been able to jump of the Stratosphere for free (not!).
  5. Speaking of free, here is where kids can sign up to bowl for free this summer at participating bowling centers.
  6. I saw this post about making a 'minimally viable budget' which sounds like a good idea.  When I get a bit of free time I will definitely do this.
  7. Here are some 'street smart safety tips'.
  8. Apparently Princess Kate is missing.  At least according to the conspiracy theorists.  Has anyone else noticed that their news feeds/YouTube feeds/Facebook feeds, instead of showing a wide range of topics, now only shows drama/depressing/conspiracy/triggering posts?  It seems weirdly manipulative, IMHO.  In other cases, the news is just weird.
  9. Work is getting busy as we head towards the end of the fiscal year.  When I asked my boss how I was doing work-wise, he said "great, I hope you will work for us forever!".  Nice vote of confidence there (although "forever" might only be as long as his chairmanship term lasts...so there's that).
  10. Finally, I was watching "driving through" videos on YouTube which are basically dashcam footage of people driving through various cities and town.  When I watched videos of the towns I grew up in, they were completely unrecognizable.  I guess you never can go home again...


4 comments:

  1. Lots of good links you have here! I have never had a Firehouse Sub, but we have one here on our local university's campus. I need to try that out! Our stray just had kittens on Leap Day! They are so tiny and cute! I've been loosely following the missing Kate thing. Apparently she was seen yesterday, but it sure didn't look like her. Who knows?? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firehouse Subs is so yummy! Also, kittens are my favorite--they are so cute and adventurous.

      Delete
  2. Kate was seen Sunday or some day, so I suppose they let her out with her mother for a bit. I wonder what that will do for conspiracy theories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope she is well, whether or not she wants to share that information with the whole world.

      Delete