Thursday, June 27, 2024

10 Random Things

In no particular order...

  1. We are heading into monsoon season (see clouds above).  I love a good storm in the summer!
  2. I will be watching the presidential debate this evening, more from morbid curiosity at watching two old senile guys screech at each other for two hours than any other reason.  These are literally the worst candidates for president I have ever seen!
  3. I got a text from my bank yesterday that my debit card had been compromised and someone was trying to use the card at several places in California and Oregon.  Fortunately, the company blocked those transactions and will cancel the card and send me a new one but I have no idea how this could have happened--I've used this card exactly ONE time and that was at another bank's ATM machine!  FWIW, when I got the text, I didn't respond to the text but I called the company at the number on their website in case the text was fraudulent.  I hate scammers :(
  4. This is a wonderful YouTube channel!  It's called Travel With a Wiseguy and features tours of several things I love--cemeteries, historical buildings, tiny towns, ghost towns, etc. 
  5. I'm not sure what we will do for the 4th of July (our pyromaniac neighbors usually set off professional-grade fireworks that make out neighborhood sound like a war zone!) but my friend invited us to her small town's 4th of July celebration and it looks really fun--just like 4th of July events I used to go to when I was a kid!
  6. The weather has been super hot here and yet the cats will still sit outside and stare through the window at us.  I've been giving them ice water then asked hubby if he could build them an air conditioned house (he just looked at me quizzically).  They look so hot and I have no idea why they don't go in the drainage tunnels or anywhere else other than on the broiling hot concrete!
  7. I just read that the Japanese yen is at 161 yen to the dollar.  That is an amazingly favorable rate for US travelers...we might just have to take a trip to Japan!
  8. This is an interesting subreddit...post your pictures that you want changed/improved and people will come out of the woodwork to do just that, often with amazing results!
  9. I am NOT looking forward to our next electricity bill.  With steady 105-110 temps for days with no end in sight, it is going to be HIGH  :(
  10. I've always wanted to build my own house... it might even be possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment