Tuesday, August 25, 2026

!0 Things from This Week

In no particular order...

  1. I cant believe it is almost September! This year has flown by!
  2. RIP Dolly Parton. I knew she had been sick but like other larger-than-life cultural icons, you never think they will actually die.  :(
  3. Our sunrises are as pretty as our sunsets! 


  4. Exactly half of our lemon tree is suddenly dead, no idea why  :(  

  5. We replaced all of the carpet upstairs with vinyl plank flooring last week (we did the downstairs a couple years ago). It should be cooler and easier to clean--not to mention it won't collect dust and dirt like carpet--but it takes a bit of getting used to on our feet. Also, hubby and I determined we are way too old and frail to be moving furniture these days.
  6. According to my work email (and meetings...and fire app), most of the west is on fire! eeekkk 

  7. Speaking of disasters, September is National Preparedness Month. Here is a great daily calendar of preparedness tasks everyone should complete for the month.
  8. I can't believe that everywhere we go there is wall-to-wall Halloween advertising--the holiday is still a full two months away!
  9. Here is an interesting 'Almost Tariff-Proof' Grocery Guide.
  10. I'm thinking about retiring. I love my job so I am not in a hurry to retire but it suddenly dawned on me that I am nearing retirement age (how did that happen??? It seems like I was just 40 a year or so ago!). So I guess making a graceful exit from the world of work is something I should start planning for.

No comments:

Post a Comment