Actually my birthday isn't until tomorrow but I figured I would post today...
- I received a nice package from a friend in Japan for my birthday. She always sends cool and interesting things like an assortment of candies (I'm guessing the lemon picture means the candies are lemon and the grapes on the other package mean it's grape candies). She also sent the little thing under the lemon candies which I had to look up. It's called an 'inkan' and when I looked very closely I could see it was an ink stamp of my name. I've seen the old fashioned family name stamps in Japan but she said you can get these made at the mall now. Japan has the coolest stuff from stationary to music to electronics to bags...everything is cute and high quality!
- Tomorrow (Saturday) is free entrance day to the National Parks! This is a great opportunity to get out to a national park for free if you don't have an annual pass of some kind.
- Speaking of the National Parks, I was happy to see that both fourth and fifth graders can now get a free national park pass for their entire family! The program used to only be open to fourth graders so it was nice to see this program has been expanded!
- This was a nice infographic to help you determine how much yarn you need for various knitting projects.
- Finally, here are some interesting, useful, and a few questionable lifehacks.