Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Bunch of Random Info...

It's been a busy week!
  • I hope you all had a great 4th of July!  We just stayed at the cousin's house (our temporary home) and watched the neighborhood pyromaniacs set off what looked like professional grade fireworks (scary).
  • Ms Lorraine asked for some photos of our condo and while it is just a small, two bedroom place, this is the Zillow listing for the exact same layout but it includes about a dozen pictures which look much better than the few that I took.
  • Does anyone else have a problem commenting on Blogger?  For blogs which allow only a name and url I can easily make comments but for blogs that require that you sign into your blogger account like Kim's blog, it won't let me comment even if I am signed in!  Every time I hit post comment it puts me into an endless loop of sign in, post comment, sign in, post comment. Eeekk.  If you know what I am doing wrong, please let me know.
  • A quick tip: it is a good idea to scan every document you may ever need into your computer.  I have the basics scanned into my computer and I keep a copy of my documents on a USB drive so I can easily access a copy of my passport, driver's license, etc.  But now that the mortgage company needs other documents (hubby's military retirement forms, tax forms, closing documents from our last house, copies of W2s, etc) I had a heck of a time finding these documents (they are stuffed into our storage shed).  Needless to say, after unburying them from the shed, I have now scanned them into my computer in case I ever need them again.
  • Thank goodness for relatives who live all over the place and graciously take us in for indeterminate amounts of time!  We are currently staying with another of hubby's cousins (he literally has HUNDREDS) in Seattle where we will wait until we find out if our offer on the condo has been accepted and/or go on our next trip.  Our general M.O. is to settle into our room, run to the local Dollar Store or Walmart to buy the things we can't bring on an airline (shampoo, toothpaste, lotion, etc), then commence cooking (hubby) and cleaning (me) for whoever is hosting us.  It's a win-win situation for all of us!
  • The picture above is one of the first things I saw when we arrived in Seattle.  Not sure how I can stand to move away from such a beautiful place...and then I think of the cold, rainy weather during the winter...

5 comments:

  1. I have trouble commenting with Blogger too when it requires me to sign in. It really frustrates me because I can't comment on blogs that I really like. I wish they all enabled commenting like we do. It sounds like you had a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The condo looks perfect for the two of you. Thanks for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a pretty setting for a picture.

    I have had problems leaving comments sometimes, on your blog, as well as others. They just won't post and I usually give up trying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kim's blog here, I don't know enough about this system to help you. My pf blog name is Out My Window if that helps. It is rather boring but that is my life! Your life is exciting! At least to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it isn't just me having trouble with blogger! Kim, if you can allow people to leave a comment with just a name and url I can comment on your blog (which to me seems like YOU have an exciting life!).

    ReplyDelete