- The bank accepted out offer on the condo (although we had to raise the price to $64,000 due to multiple offers on the property but we still think it is a good price). Hubby and I are ready and waiting to move!
- We are trying to determine the cheapest way to move our storage shed full of stuff to Las Vegas. We have looked at a couple of truck rental companies and a couple of "pods" type moving systems. Eekkk looks complicated...and expensive! But I'm sure we will get our stuff there one way or another.
- The financing wasn't a problem because the price of the condo was so low but my credit report score was pretty dismal. The lender said it was because I haven't had any credit activity for nearly two years. She told me to go get a couple of credit cards to build up my credit. I told her no thanks, I hate credit cards and as long as we got into the condo that's all I want. My next house purchase will be made with CASH! I hate credit and credit-related stuff!
- We are staying with hubby's cousins who are a very nice couple but they are hoarders. Really. Another eekkk (as an aspie I'm soooo picky about my environment and clutter practically gives me hives).
- I hit the ground running as soon as we got here. So far I have been to two meetings for my (ex?) non profit and will be doing more to help them out from afar. I have also met up with a bunch of friends and it feels like I haven't even been gone!
- Off topic, I am actually looking forward to doing my income tax at the end of the year. This will be the first year in a long time that we won't owe the IRS. They will actually owe us! Yippee.
- It is COLD here in the Pacific Northwest! It's July and I am actually wearing a FLEECE jacket because it is in the low 60s and drizzly. It's JULY!
- We are still debating about the Japan trip. I absolutely have to go but we are trying to figure out if it would be cheaper for me to fly commercial and go by myself or for us to fly for free with the military but have twice the expenses. I may end up going by myself and staying with friends to save the (expensive) cost of lodging. If hubby goes we would need to get a hotel for the whole trip because he doesn't feel comfortable staying with people he doesn't know.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
A Quick Update!
I've been BUSY since we got back to the northwest! Here's what's happening: