It's my 51st birthday today so we spent it as frugally as ever. Hubby made me a birthday card (as he has done for the past 30+ years) which is really the only thing I want for my birthday. Then we went and had lunch at our favorite Indian buffet (a splurge because I really can't eat $15 worth of food but once in a while it is a nice treat). We then wandered around at a couple of stores (and didn't buy anything) and that was about it. We don't really do anything for our birthdays as anything we want we buy when we want it and after all of these years we don't hit the nightclub/party circuit either which is just fine by me so overall it was a nice quiet day!
And five other things that have come across my feed reader:
- Students are being prepared for jobs that no longer exist. That can't be good.
- The Ultimate List of Educational Websites. This is good...and useful.
- Plant-based diets can reverse chronic diseases. Someone please tell this to all of the hospital dietitians out there.
- Some funny memes for all the nurses out there.
- Finally, be part of the Free Seed Project and get some free garden seeds here.