Wednesday, May 16, 2018

I Got a New Popcorn Popper!


This isn't exactly earth-shattering news but after not having popcorn in ages, we picked up a bag of popcorn at the grocery store a few weeks ago and occasionally it will be our after dinner dessert.  The problem is that we didn't have a popcorn popper so I have been making it the old fashioned way--in a heavy pan, in oil, on the stove--which works OK but I have been wanting an air popper to make it easier and healthier to make.  And while I could have just went to Walmart and bought a new popcorn popper, I am trying to save money any way we can so I exercised some patience (rare) and today on our weekly trip to the Goodwill we found this air popper which looks like it hasn't even been used!  Plus it was half off day so it only cost $3.50!  Needless to say, we are having popcorn for dessert tonight :)

On a related note, since I haven't come up with $5k yet, it looks like I might be working in a couple weeks and I needed black pants for work so at the same Goodwill today I bought three pair of black pants, again in very good condition, for $3 a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment