- Visit all of the Nevada State parks. There are 26 parks spread throughout the state (it is a BIG state to drive through though) and if we visit all of the parks and get our parks "passport" stamped, we will get a free annual park pass for next year.
- Participate in the Historical Romance Retreat. I love historical romance books and I love history in general and I have heard about this retreat and this fall the event happens to take place only a couple hours away from where I live so this is totally do-able.
- Participate in the Freedom Walk Fest. This walking event takes place every fall in Washington DC and is a pretty big deal for the national walking club that I belong to. If we do any traveling this year it will be to join in this walking festival.
- Pay off my credit card and car. This was on my goal list for this year and while I am making a pretty big dent in my remaining debt, it will be quite a stretch to accomplish this but I am still hopeful it will happen.
- Plan something BIG for hubby's 70th birthday which will take place in early February. I would love to put together another family reunion cruise for this momentous birthday but I would have to pay for it (five kids, 13 grandkids, 3 great grand kids). Needless to say, it would be expensive. A friend suggested just renting a huge house on Air BnB and hosting everyone that way which would be less expensive but more work (to coordinate the food, activities and cleaning which is all taken care of when you do a cruise). I'll have to give more thought to this...
Thursday, June 28, 2018
Five Things I Would Like to Do By the End of the Year
Planning out the rest of the year, there are several things I would like to do in the upcoming months: