Sunday, October 21, 2018

A Quick Update

Just a quick update...

  • I went and voted today.  I drove by the closest polling place and there was no line so I was in and out in a few minutes (I did my studying of the candidates and issues at home and made a list of how I was going to vote which means all I had to do was check off my ballot according to the list I brought with me).
  • There was no winner in the lottery so lines are even longer at our nearest lottery seller (about 30 minutes away in California).  Today they said people were waiting more than four hours in line!
  • Fun fact, I found that if you live in certain states you can actually buy lottery tickets on line.  "If you are a resident of Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, New Hampshire, North Carolina or North Dakota, you may buy Mega Millions tickets online by registering with the lotteries of those states. You may also purchase subscriptions for Mega Millions online in New York and Virginia."  Not sure if that is a good thing or not.
  • I love America's Test Kitchen!  I was watching the show a few days ago and saw this recipe for tonkatsu so I am going to attempt to make that for dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment