Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!


Just a quick note to say "Happy Thanksgiving!".  Hubby and I will eat a quiet dinner at home this evening (along with the yummy pie I made last night...see photo above).

Things we won't be doing today: early Black Friday shopping.

Things I'm not happy about: The Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.  There were so many musical performances and advertisements that the actual parade part--watching balloons and marching bands--were relegated to ten second clips here and there.  I was really disappointed as I wanted to watch a parade!

Things I'm thankful for: family, friends, blog friends (all of you!), my home, having plenty of food, the library, technology, social media (kind of), Kindle books, our health, the beautiful weather in our city this time of year...there really is so much to be thankful for!

On the schedule for tomorrow: and #OptOutside hike!

~~~Happy Thanksgiving!!!~~~

2 comments:

  1. Watching the parade used to be the highlight of my Thanksgiving day. I don't bother anymore because of the reasons you said. Too much talking by the hosts, not enough parade. I worked for Macy's in the early 80s and got to participate in the big parade as a clown. It was an experience I'll always remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I used to watch the parade back then I can't believe you got to be a clown in the parade that would be so much fun!!!

      Delete