- I signed up for a free Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training weekend. These classes are held in many cities and teach people how to be better prepared for a disaster. This should be both informative and fun.
- I also got us tickets for a lecture at the Mob Museum. Every month the local police department holds a free lecture on a safety topic (this month it is on how not to become a victim of burglary or robbery) and if you attend the lecture you get free tickets to the Mob Museum (a savings of $35 for both of us!).
- I have several walks with my walking club planned.
- There are several clubs in the area that I want to check out and new people are always welcome to attend the first meeting to see if they like it before deciding to join so I'm looking at a HAM radio club, the LV RWA (romance writers club), and a new genealogy club. Again, these should be both informative and fun.
- There are four local state parks which we can visit for free (and get our "passport" stamped; with enough stamps we will get a free parks pass for the following year).
- Also on the schedule is a visit to the Barrick Museum at UNLV; it's free and I pass it all the time when I walk the UNLV volksmarch but I've never stopped in so that should be fun too!
Do you have a theme for 2019 or a list of new year's resolutions?