Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Back to Normal-ish


I just realized I haven't blogged for almost a week!  I guess because we are pretty much back to normal--going out every day, hubby playing poker and bowling with his bowling buddies, me hitting up the tourist areas...the only thing I haven't been doing is walking since it is hot as Hades outside right now!

So far I haven't received unemployment yet, but there are tens of thousands of people in the same boat, most who need the money more than I do so I will just continue to wait and hope everything shakes out OK.  We are really well stocked should a resurgence of the pandemic cause us to be locked down again (we have canned/packaged/frozen food up the wazoo and enough toilet paper to last us for several months!).  Finally, we are tentatively planning for the kids and grandkids to come visit us in September, of course we will have to play this by ear depending on what happens with the pandemic but they have all bought their airline tickets ($88 round trip to fly across the country and back can't be beat!) and looking forward to seeing everyone in the fall.

I hope you are all having a wonderful summer so far!

4 comments:

  1. Since I got the freezer last Friday, stocking it with food is my goal. I still have plenty of canned goods. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been debating getting a freezer but don't know if we will use it much. I'm glad you got your freezer, that's a great way to prepare!

      Delete
  2. I hope you get your unemployment. We were probably the last ones to get a stimulus check. Things take time. Everything is backlogged. Wow! That's HOT weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I'm just waiting. I worry more about all of the people who still haven't received unemployment for months and have no other source of income!

      Delete